MARY BRIDGE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL - MULTICARE HEALTH SYSTEM317 Martin Luther King Jr. WayTacoma, Washington 98405United Statesphone: View Phone253-403-1400website: Website
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital provides state-of-the-art care for children and comprehensive outreach services: developmental and primary care services, specialty care clinics, child abuse intervention, and psychology and social work clinics.
Family Centered Care
One of the things that makes Mary Bridge different from other hospitals is our philosophy of Family Centered Care. We believe that families play a pivotal role in the health and well-being of the children, and we recognize and support that role. Because children are so dependent on their parents and family, Mary Bridge encourages families to be part of their children's health care team.
Mary Bridge Features:
· Pediatric social workers on staff
· Sleeping space in patient rooms to encourage parents to "room in"
· Round-the-clock visiting hours, with siblings welcome
· "Castle of Caring" child-friendly art and decor
· Furnished apartments for out-of-town parents
· A Family Resource Room
· The only licensed children's hospital in southwest Washington, with 14 intensive care beds and 58 medical/surgical beds.
· The only Pediatric Trauma Center serving children in southwest Washington.
· The only Pediatric Emergency Department in the Northwest staffed with board certified pediatric emergency physicians 24 hours a day.
· The only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit in Washington state with board certified pediatric intensivists on site 24 hours a day.
· The only hospital in southwest Washington with a rooftop helistop, a specially trained transport team and an ambulance equipped just for children.
· The region's most advanced pediatric surgery center.
· Pediatric outpatient care, with virtually all children's health services provided.
· A Center for Childhood Safety coordinating a wide variety of programs and services to keep children safe, from car seat safety to and drowning prevention, to bicycle safety.
· Prevention programs to keep kids healthy, including free immunizations through our Mobile Immunization Clinic, Nutrition Services, Women, Infant & Children Nutrition Program, Maternity Support Services and Community Medical Care for Children.
· Education programs for children and families on topics such as diabetes, asthma, weight management, parenting, babysitting training and childsaver CPR.
· Care for all children, regardless of ability to pay.
Children who are coming to the Mary Bridge Health Center (311 "L" Street) for short stay surgery are welcome to attend a pre-admit tour on Wednesday afternoons at 4:00. If a family cannot come on that day or time, they may leave a message at (253) 403-3558 to schedule an appointment.
Children who are coming to Mary Bridge Hospital (317 Martin Luther King Way) for short stay surgery or surgery requiring an overnight stay may call for an appointment at (253) 403-1631 or (253) 403-7598.
Tacoma is an All-American city of 180,000 people. Located in the Puget Sound, Tacoma is home to the largest city park in the US. The marine and mountain environment is conducive to boating, fishing, whale watching and other water related activities, as well as, snow-skiing, hiking, backpacking, rock and mountain climbing. Mt. Rainier is visible from locations throughout the area and is just one of the majestic views enjoyed by residents and visitors alike.
Pierce County is home to 12 percent of Washington's population, making it the second most populous county in the state. The county covers 1,749 square miles, 306.5 located in the Mt. Rainier National Park, and 118 square miles of water excluding Puget Sound. The county is divided by Puget Sound, with the portion west of the Sound on the Kitsap Peninsula.
Pierce County's economy is diverse. The Port of Tacoma is a major Pacific shipping center. The Weyerhaeuser Company, a powerhouse in the logging industry is headquartered there. Two military bases -- Ft. Lewis (ARMY) and McChord Air Force -- are located in the southern portion of the county.
Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital is part of MultiCare Health System. MultiCare is a south Puget Sound area-based not-for-profit organization of doctors and nurses, clinics and hospitals serving a region extending across much of southwest Washington. MultiCare offers personalized primary care, convenient after-hours care, complete emergency services and advanced medical/surgical services for adults and children.
What makes working in your organization different from working for other employers?
Our employees are our greatest asset. We endeavor to provide a workplace that is conducive to our employee’s work and family life. We offer a full range of benefits available to full and part time employees. Our salaries are competitive and we offer a variety of shifts, work hours and work weeks. We have 6-8-10 and 12 hour shifts in a variety of positions and overtime incentives for nursing positions in short staffing situations. While many of our positions are represented by one of several unions, we remain an open shop and union membership is not mandatory.
We provide new graduates with a mentor during the initial 90 days of employment. Our mentors enhance the training we provide and serve as a ready reference for career building by discussing and recommending specialty training such as PALS and ACLS. A new grad may participate in one of our residency programs
What can a candidate expect during their interview process?
We provide an initial interview as part of our on-line application. Following this, the qualified applicant may receive a phone call from the hiring manager. The phone call may either be a second interview or an invitation for an in-person interview. The successful candidate will be offered a position by a Human Resources Recruiter. The unsuccessful applicants will receive a letter thanking them for their interest in the position. Applicants may also apply in person or may submit a resume.
What are some common mistakes candidates make when applying for jobs with your facility?
Applicants frequently do not tell us enough about their knowledge, skill, ability and experience. Often they omit identifying certifications they have earned and training they have received. While a candidate may apply for one position, we may also wish to consider her/him for other positions for which s/he may be better qualified.
Tacoma Washington Community Highlights
Mt. Rainier, the Cascade range and Olympic mountains
San Juan Islands
Mt. Saint Helens
MAP View Larger Map
Hospitals and Hotels with Medical Rates Nearby
Hospitals - General Acute Care - Inpatient Facilities
- FRANCISCAN MEDICAL GROUP - 0.0 mile
- ST JOSEPH MEDICAL CENTER - 0.0 mile
- TACOMA GENERAL HOSPITAL - MULTICARE HEALTH SYSTEM - 0.0 mile
- ST CLARE HOSPITAL - 6.6 mile
- ST FRANCIS HOSPITAL - 11.4 mile
- GOOD SAMARITAN COMMUNITY HEALTH CARE - 11.9 mile
- AUBURN REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER - 14.7 mile
- HIGHLINE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL - HIGHLINE CAMPUS - 15.7 mile
- VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER - 23.1 mile
- HARBORVIEW MEDICAL CENTER - 26.3 mile
- VIRGINIA MASON MEDICAL CENTER - 26.7 mile
- HARRISON EAST BREMERTON - 27.0 mile
- HARRISON MEDICAL CENTER - 27.0 mile
- SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER - FIRST HILL CAMPUS - 27.5 mile
- SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER - CHERRY HILL CAMPUS - 27.5 mile
- HIGHLINE COMMUNITY HOSPITAL SPECIALTY CENTER - 27.9 mile
- GROUP HEALTH CENTRAL HOSPITAL - 29.0 mile
- PROVIDENCE ST PETER HOSPITAL - 29.5 mile
- UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON MEDICAL CENTER - 30.3 mile
- OVERLAKE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER - 30.9 mile
- HARRISON SILVERDALE - 33.2 mile
- BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RESOURCES - 33.3 mile
- KINDRED HOSPITAL SEATTLE - 34.4 mile
Urgent Primary Care - Family Care - Internal Medicine - Outpatient Medical Center
- TACOMA MEDICAL CENTER - 0.0 mile
- NORTHWEST CENTER FOR INTEGRATIVE MEDICINE - 2.9 mile
- TACOMA SOUTH MEDICAL CENTER - 7.0 mile
- FEDERAL WAY MEDICAL CENTER - 11.4 mile
- UW MEDICINE FEDERAL WAY CLINIC - 11.4 mile
- VIRGINIA MASON FEDERAL WAY CLINIC - 11.4 mile
- VASHON HEALTH CENTER - 11.8 mile
- WOODCREEK HEALTHCARE - PUYALLUP - 11.9 mile
- PUYALLUP MEDICAL CENTER - 12.8 mile
- SUMMIT VIEW CLINIC - 12.8 mile
- WOODCREEK HEALTHCARE - SUNRISE MEDICAL CAMPUS - 15.5 mile
- BURIEN MEDICAL CENTER - 15.7 mile
- UW MEDICINE KENT/DES MOINES CLINIC - 17.6 mile
- UW MEDICINE AUBURN CLINIC - 19.8 mile
- PORT ORCHARD MEDICAL CENTER - 20.4 mile
- KENT MEDICAL CENTER - 21.0 mile
- WOODCREEK HEALTHCARE - BONNEY LAKE - 21.3 mile
- CASCADE PRIMARY CARE - 23.1 mile
- WEST SEATTLE MEDICAL CENTER - 23.1 mile
- SWEDISH PHYSICIANS CHILDREN'S CLINIC - 23.1 mile
- SWEDISH PHYSICIANS WEST SEATTLE CLINIC - 23.1 mile
- CURLEW MEDICAL CLINIC - 24.3 mile
- RAINIER MEDICAL CENTER - 24.3 mile
- RENTON MEDICAL CENTER - 26.3 mile
- SWEDISH PHYSICIANS DOWNTOWN SEATTLE CLINIC - 26.4 mile
- DOWNTOWN SEATTLE MEDICAL CENTER - 26.7 mile
Hotels, Motels, Lodging
- SILVER CLOUD INN TACOMA - 1.9 mile
- COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT TACOMA DOWNTOWN - 1.9 mile
- HOTEL MURANO - 1.9 mile
- EXTENDED STAY AMERICA TACOMA - SOUTH - 2.9 mile
- DAYS INN TACOMA - 2.9 mile
- SHILO INN - TACOMA - 3.1 mile
- HAMPTON STES TACOMA MALL - 3.1 mile
- BEST WESTERN TACOMA DOME HOTEL - 3.7 mile
- LA QUINTA INN & SUITES TACOMA - 3.7 mile
- BEST WESTERN LAKEWOOD MOTOR IN - 6.6 mile
- WESTERN INN - TACOMA - 6.6 mile
- LA QUINTA INN SUITES LAKEWOOD - 6.6 mile
- CROSSLAND TACOMA - HOSMER - 7.0 mile
- COMFORT INN - 7.0 mile
- RED LION HOTEL TACOMA - 7.0 mile
- ECONO LODGE TACOMA - 7.0 mile
- RODEWAY INN TACOMA - 7.0 mile
- TRAVELODGE - 7.3 mile
- HOWARD JOHNSON - 7.3 mile
- EXTENDED STAY AMERICA TACOMA -FIFE - 7.3 mile
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
- Mary Bridge Hospital - Tacoma Washington - Cancer patient beating his Dad at a video game.
- Tacoma Washington Hospital - Mary Bridge Hospital - Future Physician giving 2nd opinion
- Mary Bridge Hospital - ICU Nurse with infant patient
- Mary Bridge Hospital Nurse with Patient
- Mary Bridge Hospital - Tacoma Washington Hospitals
Powered by Hospital Soup