CRAIG HOSPITAL3425 S. Clarkson StreetEnglewood, Colorado 80113United Statesphone: View Phone303-789-8000
Craig Hospital in Denver, Colorado, is a private, nonprofit national rehabilitation hospital that specializes exclusively in the care, treatment, disability management and research for patients with Spinal Cord Injury and Traumatic Brain Injury.
Craig Hospital has a professional, yet casual, relaxed and upbeat family atmosphere. Patients and families discover that Craig is an appealing alternative to the traditional hospital environment emphasizing an individualized and comprehensive approach to treatment. A combination of one-to-one therapy sessions, supplemented by community reintegration activities, provide patients with a variety of effective learning experiences. Other patients of similar ages and with similar injuries creat a powerful "peer" group for learning and support, and are an extremely valuable aspect of rehabilitation. This is a significant advantage not found in most other rehabilitation settings.
Englewood is centrally located within the Denver Metropolitan area. Just south of Denver, Englewood is ideally situated for citizens, business people and visitors. The quaint charm of Englewood, coupled with the business and cultural amenities of the Rocky Mountain Region, makes this a nice place to call home. Colorado's mild climate is a principal asset to the high quality lifestyle residents enjoy. Moderate temperatures, combined with low levels of humidity provide comfortable weather.
Craig is different. As an independent, non-profit hospital that isn't part of a system of hospitals, we control our own destiny, make our own decisions, and promote our own values. These are just a few reasons why our staff loves working at Craig, and why we think you should consider working here.
Family inclusion in rehabilitation is a core value at Craig, and families are encouraged to be actively involved in our programs. There are no restrictive visiting hours, and Craig sponsors 30 free days for families of new patients in our nearby apartments.
Specialty Services Provided by Craig Hospital:
Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation (SCI)
Inpatient Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Programs
Inpatient Ventilator Dependent and Weaning Programs
Outpatient Re-evaluation Programs
Outpatient Therapy and Follow-up Clinic Services
Medical and Surgical Programs
Rehabilitative Neurosurgical Programs
Skin Surgery Programs
Traumatic Brain Injury Rehabilitation (TBI)
Inpatient Brain Injury Rehabilitation
Outpatient Brain Injury Programs
What makes working in your organization different from working for other employers?
Craig Hospital is not just a rehab hospital. The nurses at Craig utilize "acute" skills in areas like neurological and neurosurgical assessment, pre and post operative nursing, IV therapy and respiratory care with state of the art equipment. We are proud of the fact that over 93% of our patients go home, which is due in large part to our state of the art technology ...our visibly upbeat atmosphere..and our highly skilled and dedicated staff who experience tremendous satisfaction from knowing they have made a real difference in somebody's life.
Craig's interdisplinary team approach involves working closely with a variety of other professionals to set the goals, develop treatment plans, and monitor the progress of each patient.
One of the most rewarding opportunities for our employees is that of developing a long term relationship with the patients. Due to the fact that most patients length of stay is approximately three months, the employees get to know both the patient and the family, and can help both through the rehab process. Most of our patients come to us in an acute state which gives us an opportunity to continually solidify our skills. The patients receive an understanding of every service that is provided and why these services are needed. Expectations of our patients is if they cannot physically handle their own care, then they will be able to direct it.
All rooms are wired for computers so that patients can have access to the Internet. Portable computers are provided to those who are on bedrest or have a limited activity level so that they can keep in touch with friends and family. A patient education room is also provided. Much of the training is done in a group situation as patients tend to learn more from one another and receive support from one another.
Does Craig Hospital Provide Opportunities for New Graduate Nurses?
New graduates are hired at all times. The graduates will have one week of classroom time with self learning modules. The different types of spinal programs are discussed. The graduate is given an overall view of the organization from each of the departments. During the last seven weeks, the graduate has a clinical experience and is matched with a mentor to work with during this time period.
What can a candidate expect during their interview process?
Once the initial contact is made with a recruiter, then either a personal or phone interview takes place. Potential nurses are asked to come and spend time with one of our nurses.
What are some common mistakes candidates make when applying for jobs with your facility?
One of the misconceptions of applicants is knowing what Craig Hospital provides to its patients. Potential candidates are not aware of the acute care environment at Craig Hospital. A candidate should be specific as to the position that they are applying for.
Most facilities stress only the positive aspects of working for their organization. What are some of the challenges faced by new employees and even experienced personnel?
Overcoming a fear of caring for the disabled, not only physically but emotionally, can be stressful to employees. Ventilator experience, which is provided to patients at Craig, can be somewhat fearful. The positions at Craig Hospital are challenging for the employees.
Denver Area: Community Information:
Located within the Denver Metropolitan area
Aquarium, Museums, Parks, and the Zoo
University of Denver
The Colorado lifestyle is an added benefit. People from all over the country are attracted to Colorado for its healthy economy and easy access to the Rocky Mountains. Craig Hospital is just minutes away from all the opportunities of urban and mountain living and recreation, appealing to every taste and lifestyle. We boast an average of 300 sunny days and less than 15 inches of precipitation each year, making this an ideal climate for hiking, skiing, mountain biking, river rafting, and a variety of other outdoor activities. Craig Hospital is conveniently located in the southeast area of Denver at 3425 South Clarkson Street, two blocks north of HWY 285 (Hampden Avenue) and east of Broadway in Englewood, Colorado.
MAP View Larger Map
Hospitals and Hotels with Medical Rates Nearby
Hospitals - General Acute Care - Inpatient Facilities
- SWEDISH MEDICAL CENTER - 1.5 mile
- PORTER ADVENTIST HOSPITAL - 2.6 mile
- LITTLETON ADVENTIST HOSPITAL - 4.1 mile
- NATIONAL JEWISH MEDICAL AND RESEARCH CENTER - 6.2 mile
- PRESBYTERIAN/ST LUKE'S MEDICAL CTR - 6.3 mile
- UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO HOSPITAL - 6.5 mile
- ROSE MEDICAL CENTER - 7.2 mile
- COLORADO ACUTE SPECIALTY CARE HOSPITAL - 7.7 mile
- DENVER HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER - 7.7 mile
- ST ANTHONY CENTRAL HOSPITAL - 7.7 mile
- CENTENNIAL MEDICAL PLAZA - 8.3 mile
- CENTURA HOME CARE & HOSPICE - 9.5 mile
- THE MEDICAL CTR OF AURORA MAIN CAMPUS - 9.8 mile
- AURORA/ANSCHUTZ MEDICAL CAMPUS - 11.3 mile
- THE CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL - 11.3 mile
- EXEMPLA LUTHERAN MEDICAL CENTER - 13.4 mile
- WHEAT RIDGE REGIONAL CENTER - 13.4 mile
- THE MEDICAL CTR OF AURORA NORTH CAMPUS - 13.6 mile
- ORTHOCOLORADO HOSPITAL - 14.0 mile
- ST ANTHONY NORTH HOSPITAL - 14.1 mile
- NORTH SUBURBAN MEDICAL CENTER - 14.5 mile
- PLATTE VALLEY MEDICAL CENTER - 24.2 mile
- AVISTA ADVENTIST HOSPITAL - 26.2 mile
- EXEMPLA GOOD SAMARITAN MEDICAL CENTER - 26.6 mile
- BOULDER COMMUNITY FOOTHILLS HOSPITAL - 30.3 mile
Urgent Primary Care - Family Care - Internal Medicine - Outpatient Medical Center
- ENGLEWOOD URGENT CARE - 0.0 mile
- EXEMPLA CARITAS COMMUNITY CLINIC - 6.3 mile
- EXEMPLA DENVER MEDICAL ASSOCIATES - 6.3 mile
- HIGH STREET PRIMARY CARE CENTER - 6.3 mile
- RONALD MCDONALD CARE MOBILE PROGRAM - 6.3 mile
- UNIVERSITY FAMILY MEDICINE - BOULDER - 6.4 mile
- GUARDIAN URGENT CARE - 6.4 mile
- FLIGHT FOR LIFE COLORADO - 7.7 mile
- EXEMPLA FAMILY PRACTICE CENTER - 8.3 mile
- EXEMPLA FAMILY MEDICINE AT STAPLETON - 8.8 mile
- URGENT CARE OF COLORADO - 9.3 mile
- AURORA URGENT CARE - 9.8 mile
- ESTES STREET COMMUNITY CLINIC - 12.4 mile
- NEXTCARE URGENT CARE - AURORA HIGHPOINT - 12.5 mile
- EXEMPLA FAMILY PRACTICE SPECIALISTS - 13.4 mile
- REUNION URGENT CARE - 14.0 mile
- SALUD FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS - COMMERCE CITY - 14.0 mile
- NEXTCARE URGENT CARE - ARVADA MARKET PLACE - 14.3 mile
- WESTMINSTER URGENT CARE - 16.2 mile
- SALUD FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS - BRIGHTON - 24.2 mile
- EXEMPLA FAMILY PRACTICE OF LAFAYETTE - 26.6 mile
- EXEMPLA INTERNAL MEDICINE - 26.6 mile
- COMMUNITY MEDICAL CENTER - 26.6 mile
- BOULDER URGENT CARE - 30.3 mile
- SALUD FAMILY HEALTH CENTERS - FREDERICK - 31.9 mile
- SURGERY CENTER - 33.0 mile
Hotels, Motels, Lodging
- OAKWOOD GLENDALE - 3.9 mile
- FOUR POINTS BY SHERATON DENVER SOUTHEAST - 3.9 mile
- COURTYARD BY MARRIOTT DENVER CHERRY CREEK - 3.9 mile
- LA QUINTA INN DENVER CHERRY CREEK - 3.9 mile
- FAIRFIELD INN & SUITES BY MARRIOTT DENVER CHERRY CREEK - 3.9 mile
- TOWNEPLACE SUITES BY MARRIOTT DENVER SE - 4.1 mile
- DENVER TECH CENTER PLAZA HOTEL - 4.1 mile
- HAMPTON INN STES DEN TECH CTR - 4.1 mile
- HOMESTEAD STUDIO SUITES HOTEL- DENVER TECH CENTER NORTH - 4.1 mile
- HYATT REGENCY TECH CENTER - DENVER - 4.1 mile
- DENVER MARRIOTT TECH CENTER - 4.1 mile
- LOEWS DENVER HOTEL - 4.8 mile
- CHERRY CREEK HOTEL - 4.8 mile
- HAMPTON INN AND SUITES - CHERRY CREEK - 4.8 mile
- CROSSLAND DENVER-CHERRY CREEK - 4.8 mile
- HOMESTEAD DENVER - CHERRY CREEK - 4.8 mile
- OAKWOOD CHERRY CREEK - 4.8 mile
- HOLIDAY INN SELECT DENVER-CHERRY CREEK - 4.8 mile
- BOSTON COMMONS EXECUTIVE VILLAG - 5.7 mile
- HYATT PLACE DENVER TECH CENTER - 5.7 mile
Photo GalleryClick here for Slideshow. You can also click on any of the photos to start slideshow.
- Craig Hospital Denver, CO - Wheelchair Tennis
- Craig Hospital - enjoying some shade in the park
- Nursing Stations at Craig Hospital- Craig has five Nursing Stations, two on each of the patient floors, and one in the Outpatient Clinic. In many ways, they are "mission control" for the hospital, and are active places, especially at shift changes.
- Ride with style in down town Denver. Courtesy http://www.denver.org
Powered by Hospital Soup